Overall, Potter’s House served 676 people. Fresh Food Wednesday served 361 families, feeding 1,055. We were also open Christmas Day and served 68 people. We did this with a little over $4,000, but the value was $26,732! Here are some of the reasons people applied for financial support:
- Single mom with 2 children; ex-husband behind on child support. Works for restaurant and tourist season is over so work is slow.
- Not working due to cancer and has 5 children.
- Injured at work and waiting for workers compensation to be awarded.
- One parent laid off for a few months with 2 small children to support.
- Behind on rent and utilities due to father being out of work.