MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers)
September 9, 2019 through May 11, 2020
2nd & 4th Mondays
9:30 – 11:30 am
$31.95 fee holds your spot.
Childcare provided through MOPS Kids
Join our Facebook Group!
MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) exists to encourage, equip, and develop every mother of preschoolers to realize her potential as a woman, mother, and leader in the name of Jesus Christ.
- We build circles of Moms who love each other like family.
- Our gatherings are where Moms can meet to share their hopes, faith, fears, and insights.
- Seasoned MOPS Mentors provide further important support through their experiences and love of Jesus.
Please visit the MOPS website: www.mops.org
For more information on our Oceanfront MOPS group, contact Sarah Simon, (985) 381-2211. Starting Spring 2020, please contact Leanne Lowdermilk, (757) 375-0165.
Please mail the form along with check made payable to VBUMC to:
MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers)
Virginia Beach United Methodist Church
212 19th Street
Virginia Beach, VA 23451
- Who leads MOPS? MOPS is lead by a steering team of moms of preschoolers who have volunteered their skills and time. The steering team consists of a Coordinator, Creative Activities Leader, Hospitality Leader, Finance Leader, MOPS Kids Leader and Mentors. We also have Discussion Group Leaders and individual committee members.
- When does MOPS meet? The VBUMC MOPS meets the 2nd and 4th Mondays of each month, except when the public schools are not in session and meetings are adjusted for holidays. We meet on the 3rd floor from 9:30am to 11:30am.
- What happens at a MOPS meeting?While volunteers are nurturing our children, we listen to speakers, participate in discussion groups, eat great snacks, have a creative activity and most importantly, form friendships.
- What does it cost to be a member of MOPS? There are two fees involved with becoming a member of MOPS: MOPS International Annual Participation Fee = $31.95. This is an annual fee due by the first meeting. This fee goes straight to MOPS International and in return you receive the following: MOMSense magazine: Bi-monthly subscription, a weekly Mom-E-Mail, uplifting greetings from MOPS International, Membership Card: Special member only discounts at www.MOPS.org/membership, Other great benefits. VBUMC MOPS meeting fee – $50 for the spring semester (10 meetings) and $50 for the fall semester (7 meetings) to be collected at the beginning of each semester. This money directly supports our MOPS ministry here at VBUMC.
- May I bring a friend with me to MOPS? Visitors are welcome. However, due to childcare limitations, they need to provide alternative childcare until they have completed the registration process for MOPS.
- Who watches the children? Volunteers who meet the VBUMC childcare qualifications facilitate Christian lessons and activities, care for and play with the children in a nurturing environment.
- What are other benefits through Oceanfront MOPS? We believe service is important and provide opportunities to serve our community. Also, we provide monthly play dates and mom night outs for connection and bonding as a group.