United Methodist Men
We are committed to the spiritual growth of men, who experience God’s transforming power in their lives, and pass on their faith to live and grow in others.
Helping Men Grow in Christ,
So Others May Know Christ.
Contact: Chris Tichenor, 757-620-7693
• Men lead others best by modeling Jesus Christ in thoughts, words, and deeds – “Follow me, as I follow Christ” is the call offered by godly leaders.
• As the faith of mature disciples passes on to others, the spiritual life cycle is completed.
• We trust and employ core Wesleyan principles working within small groups, transforming men’s hearts through a growing relationship with God and others.
• We desire to become effective spiritual leaders in our homes and congregations, working as partners with our spouses, pastors, and congregational leaders.
• We strive to help our congregations become vital and alive with spiritually growing men.
• Everything desired from and through men comes as a result of men growing spiritually and maturing as disciples: family blessings, stewardship, service, outreach, prayer, spiritual leadership, evangelism, and faithful obedience. Men are foundational to the life and health of the church.
• When a man lives daily in surrendered faith, God is honored and many lives are blessed. Transformed hearts are forged only within Christ-centered lives – nothing less is our acceptable offering; nothing less truly reveals Christ.
The mission of the General Commission on UM Men is to assist men to know Jesus Christ, to serve him, to grow spiritually and seek daily to do his will. Our mission is captured within our motto: “To Help Men Grow in Christ, So Others May Know Christ.”
All men ages 18 and older who are members of Virginia Beach United Methodist Church are automatically members of the UMM. Membership is open to all men without regard to church affiliation.
Quarterly, time and location varies, announced in the bulletin, website, and email.
Throughout the year. Your participation and talents are welcome.