Why would you want to get involved? Here’s what our Knit Wits are saying :
- Has given me a whole new appreciation for “praying without ceasing” as we pray before, after, and silently as we craft regardless of where we are.
- Knitting is way of expressing my creative side as I select yarns and patterns.
- Sharing in persons’ stories of pain and sadness and seeing their expressions as they receive their shawl has become a very precious blessing.
- Knit Wits provides a purpose for my love of knitting & an outlet for items I knit in the form of a ministry to others.
- Attending the meetings are a peaceful end to a busy day among other women who have become wonderful friends.
Wednesdays 6:00 – 8:00 pm from September to mid-June (3rd Wednesday in July & Aug) in the Parlor.
Over 900 prayer shawls have been crafted and given away since we began October 2005!
The vision of the Knit-Wit’s is to be the hands of Jesus: “The yarn forms the stitches, the knitting forges the friendships, the craft links the generations and prayer weaves Christ’s love…thus our hands become Jesus’ hands.”
The mission is to prayerfully knit or crochet items to comfort and warm others. Projects include prayer shawls for those experiencing joy or sadness and Lamb’s Wool Sweaters for children age infant to 5 year in developing countries.