Senior Ministry seeks to foster an environment in which adults in mid to late life feel really welcomed and fully engaged in the ministry of God’s kingdom. Seniors’ experiences and wisdom are embraced as valuable resources. To this end, the following areas of ministry have been identified:
- Spiritually enriching activities to strengthen the Faith journey
- Educational opportunities to extend active engagement in all areas of life
- Cross-generational events to bridge barriers which often divide God’s children
- Missional events to serve as the hands and feet of Christ
Contact: Janice Cagle: email@example.com, 757-428-7727
He will renew your life and sustain you in your old age. Ruth 4:15
Senior Special Events
S.E.A (Seasoned Energetic Adults) Fellowship
Are you 65 or better? Wondering how you can continue to work and play in meaningful ways as your rhythm and routine change? The key to enjoying this unique season of life is to partner together in fellowship and service rather than move into isolation. S.E.A. (Seasoned Energetic Adults) Fellowship exists by, for and with persons 65 and better. We meet the 2nd Friday of each month, June – September. S.E.A offers a variety of opportunities for fellowship, inspiration, education, faith formation and service and outreach.
- January 12: The Internet of Things
- February 9: Special Storytelling Preview with Don Davis
- March 9 : US Presidents and Railroads – Where and How Their Paths Have Intersected
All programs start at 11:00am with lunch at noon. Reservations for lunch ($7.00 at door) are required by noon, the Monday before the event.
Sign up at front desk or call church at 428-7727.
Contact: Betty Moore, firstname.lastname@example.org, 757-351-3413
You have preserved by my spirit with your care. Job 10:12